Mold and mildew are common in warm, moist areas, and due to South Florida’s high humidity and rainy summers, homes and businesses are particularly vulnerable. Bathroom tiles and floors are especially prone to mold, which can cause significant damage if left unchecked.
Strategies to Reduce Mold and Mildew Accumulation
- Minimize Humidity Levels
- The key to reducing humidity is to improve air circulation. This can be achieved by using bathroom fans, opening windows, or using portable fans in areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
- Maintain Well-Lit Areas
- Mold thrives in darkness, so keeping areas well-lit can deter its growth. When not in use, open window blinds or shades to bring more light into rooms.
- Regular Cleaning of Tile Grout
- Mold and mildew are most noticeable in bathroom/shower areas. Regular cleaning, using household cleaners or vinegar, is essential to keep these areas mold-free.
- Discard Soap Bars and Empty Bottles
- Nearly finished soap bars and empty shampoo bottles can harbor moisture, encouraging mold and mildew growth. These should be discarded promptly.
In cases of severe mold infestation, it might be necessary to consult a contractor for potential bathroom remodeling.
Services Offered by Kyle Plumbing
Kyle Plumbing offers a range of kitchen and bathroom remodeling and renovation services. Residents of Broward, Palm Beach, or Miami-Dade counties experiencing kitchen or bathroom damage can contact Kyle Plumbing for assistance. For any plumbing or emergency needs, they are available at their toll-free number.